ASTI specializes in engineered surface technologies to enhance performance, and provide superior value to mechanical and biomechanical systems. The core product line is based upon a proprietary coating material, licensed from The Timken Company and consists of nanometer-sized ceramic precipitates in a polymeric matrix, which provides levels of wear resistance and durability unmatched in the marketplace.
Surface Engineering & Tribology
Gary Doll, Ph.D., Chief Technology Advisor
- Director, Timken Engineered Surfaces Laboratories, Timken Professor of Surface Engineering at The University of Akron
- Former Chief Technologist of Tribology - Timken Company: global R&D activities in tribology, lubrication, surface engineering
- Ph.D. in Condensed Matter Physics, University of Kentucky
- Postdoctoral fellow in Physics at MIT
- General Motors Research Laboratories - research in thin film coatings, surface engineering and tribology